Slash by Slash Album Review

Slash by Slash had me feeling nervous and unsure, however those nerves were put to rest after listening to the entire album.

This is arguably the best album from Slash since the Guns and Roses days.

The reason why I love the album is because many of the tracks are so different. Thus creating a sound that is not heavy rock and not light hearted either.

Some fans may get the feeling of Slash selling out but I would have to argue against this. If you listen to the album a few times it soon begins to become apparent why Slash has made this album. The album gives the guitar legend a way of expressing himself through different mediums of guitar playing without the constraints of sticking to one style.

Slash is the real deal, the genuine article and who are we to question this Rock gods musical genius, Slash is one of the most recognisable guitar players of all time due to his amazing talent and bad boy image. In my opinion slash by slash shows both of those unique qualities. The musical genius speaks for its self, the guitar playing is excellent and then Slash's personality shines through when he mixes the styles up, he does this by saying "hey look, I can do this and I can also play like this and guess what? If you don't like it I couldn't care less".

top